Saturday, April 20, 2013

E's diagnosis week in pictures...

Oddly enough, we have picture of almost the whole week leading up to E's diagnosis.  It was such a busy week, we had a family reunion, my cousins wedding shower, my son stumbled upon a ground hornets nest and got stung on his face (which totally freaked me out), and we had taken the girls to see Selena Gomez, me and my husband and all of his family went to a country concert together. And all the while preparing for school to start the following week, yes,E's diagnosis came 5 days before school started.  All in all I was very thankful for this busy week at different places we had to go.  In order for E to use the restroom she had to come and tell me first, since we were in strange places and I had to go with her.  Up until this I had no idea how often she was using the restroom.  She was 8 and she is very private and so it wasnt like she told me every time she was using the restroom.  I look back at these pics, and I remember how drawn her face was, she was so thin, even though she didnt lose weight, she wasn't gaining either.  I think back to those few days before when we had no idea what we were about to be hit with, the changes and struggles that we were about to face just with in a matter of days. And we were completly oblivious up until the Selena Gomez concert.  We left the house, she used the restroom, we got downtown, a 45 min drive and she was pleading to use the restroom again, we were on a rain delay because the concert was outside and she went 4 times in 2 hours and then made us stop on the way home to use the restroom also.  That's when all the pieces started coming together... Well here it is our week before diagnosis...

 
 
Above: Here we are during our rain delay at the Selena Gomez concert. E is on the right.

 
 
 Remembering this moment with my husband without the worry of diabetes in the back of our minds.

 
Above: I believe this might have been the day before we went to the Dr.  She really was so thin.

 
Above: The fist day of school, we had now almost gotten through an entire week with diabetes.  Taking her to school this day was worse than the first day of kindergarten.  I really didn't want to leave her there.
 
Below:  And here she is today almost 2 years later... WOW I really need to remember how awesome insulin is... She is a healthy and intelligent girl and Insulin injections save her life!!!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment