Monday, February 4, 2013

It's HERE, The Gen4 is FINALLY HERE...

Is it Christmas? My Birthday? It sure feels like it, we finally recieved my daughters dexcom gen4 TODAY!!! I am ecstatic!!!  We had the old Dexcom, we didn't care for it much, with continuous ??? on our reciever at all times, we finally gave up, contemplated throwing it out the window, and waited for the next big thing to hit the market.  Hooray for the gen4.  After a battle between our supply company and insurance we finally have it.  I dont expect the gen4 to perform divine miracles, but the times that the old dexcom worked, it was a beautiful thing, less finger pricks, knowing that if my daughter is at 130 at bedtime and she has 2 arrows pointing down we needed to do something about that before she goes into a deep slumber. A tiny sense of security goes a long way in a T1 family.  More to come on the Gen4...

No comments:

Post a Comment